Forney Justice of the Peace Traffic Tickets

If you have received a ticket in Forney and have to appear in Justice of the Peace Court, Precinct 2, our ticket attorneys at Guest and Gray Law Firm can help. If you have an outstanding traffic ticket here are three things we can do for you:

  1. Get your warrant lifted – As soon as we send a letter of representation to the court, you’ll no longer have to worry about having a warrant out.
  2. Appear at court on your behalf – We’ll have your case set for a pretrial hearing and appear on your behalf. You won’t have to waste an afternoon at the courthouse waiting in line to see the prosecutor.
  3. Attempt to get you deferred adjudication – We’ll speak to the prosecutor and ask for you to receive deferred adjudication and to have your fine reduced.

The question your probably asking now is:

What is deferred adjudication?

Deferred adjudication is a type of probation. You are placed on probation for a period of time, and if you successfully complete the probation, the case is dismissed. You essentially plead guilty, but the court does not enter the guilty plea unless you fail to complete your probation. If you complete the probation, no guilty finding is ever made.

What about taking my case to trial?

If you would like to have a trial on your case, we will be more than willing to fight to have your case dismissed. Whether or not you should choose to go to trial really depends on the amount you are asked to pay as a fine on the ticket. For example, if you have simply received a traffic ticket and your fine is fairly small, it’s probably in your best interest to simply pay the fine and not risk losing the trial and having a conviction go on your record. However, if your ticket is for something with a higher fine like assault, going to trial might be a reasonable option. We’ve recently set three ticket assaults for trial and had the charges dismissed. The other factor in deciding whether or not to go to trial is the additional attorney fees you’ll incur with a trial. These are all factors to discuss, and we would be happy to discuss your case specifically and the best option for you. Please call us at (972) 564-4644 to discuss your case.

Can I get this off my record?

Whether you take deferred adjudication or choose to take your case to trial and win, there is still an extra step that has to be taken to get it off your record. In either scenario, it is possible to get the ticket expunged from your record or, in some cases, to have it sealed so that no one can find out about it (i.e. future employers).

If the extra step isn’t taken after the case is finished, the ticket will still show up, but no conviction will.

Call Today

Give our Forney ticket lawyers a call at (972) 564-4644 to discuss your case and the options available to you.