Justia Lawyer Rating for Jose Noriega
Superlawyer Badges
AV Preeminent Badge
AVVO Rating 10.0 - Top Attorney Criminal Defense
AVVO Rating 10.0 - Top Attorney Personal Injury
AVVO Top Contributor - Criminal Defense
AVVO Clients' Choice - Car Accidents
AVVO Top Contributor - Family
AVVO Clients' Choice - Criminal Defense

Kaufman County Wrongful Death Actions

There is nothing worse than losing a family member to another person's negligent actions. At Guest and Gray Law Firm, we understand the grief and uncertainty that families face when a loved one is taken too soon. You have questions about a wrongful death claim, and you may even feel guilty or fearful about contacting a lawyer because the death of a relative is so painful.

If your parent, child, or spouse has passed away because of someone else’s actions, you can rely on the Guest and Gray Law Firm team in Kaufman County to make sure someone is accountable and takes responsibility for your loss. We can’t make the pain of losing a loved one go away, but we will make sure your loved one receives justice and that this wrongful death does not go unpunished. Guest and Gray Law Firm will handle all the details of your wrongful claim and help lift some of your burden so that you can concentrate on healing.

Who can bring a wrongful death claim in Texas?

Texas law allows certain relatives to bring a wrongful death action when someone dies because of another person’s intentional, negligent, or reckless action. The law is designed to help compensate you financially when a loved one dies. A wrongful death action can be filed by the deceased person’s parent, child, husband, or wife. You do not need to be mentioned in a person’s will to bring a wrongful death action; you only need to be a qualifying relative.

Recovery by Parents:

Parents mainly may recover for the loss of companionship as well as for mental anguish. Depending on the age of the child, parents may also recover the value of services or financial contributions that the child would have provided.

Recovery by Spouse:

A surviving spouse may recover damages for loss of companionship, mental anguish, financial contributions, and the financial value of intangible services that the deceased spouse would have provided.

Recovery by Child:

A surviving child may recover damages for the loss of companionship and mental anguish. A child who is younger than 18 may also recover the value of maintenance and services which would have paid to raise and educate the child. Adult children may also recover the financial contributions that the parent would have made to the child.

Contact Us

If you think you might have a wrongful death claim for the death of your spouse, parent, or child, it is important that you choose the best Kaufman County Wrongful Death law firm for your case. The Guest and Gray Law Firm team helps families heal from wrongful death cases, and we will help you. We are the largest and best-reviewed wrongful death law firm in Kaufman County. We have offices in Forney, Plano and Rockwall. If you can not come in to meet us, we may be able to visit you at home.

Our compassionate team of personal injury attorneys has over thirty years of combined experience representing families in Kaufman County wrongful death actions. We know what you are going through. Call today for a free confidential consultation, we can evaluate your situation and help you decide what to do when someone you love has been taken from you.

How much will it cost to hire Guest and Gray Law Firm for Kaufman County Wrongful Death representation?

Are services are free if you do not recover. We do not get paid, unless your family receives compensation. This called a contingent fee agreement.

Client Reviews
Guest and Gray law firm is wonderful. I have had the chance to work with three of the lawyers and they all have been wonderful. They will tell you when you need a lawyer and when you don't. They actually try to save you money. They respond very fast to questions and try to help you understand what is going on. They are caring and are really judgment free. If I needed a lawyer again I would use this firm in a second and recommend them. K.K.
I used Guest and Gray to deal with my ex wife's accusations of child neglect.I dealt with Robert Guest and Tracy Gray. Both were excellent attorneys and surpassed every expectation I had in fighting the false accusations. We Won ! M.B.
I used Guest & Gray for a child custody case and they were great. I was really nervous about the case but they took care of everything and answered all my questions. I would recommend their services to anyone. J.R.
I can highly recommend Guest and Gray. I have worked on a number of cases with Robert Guest and and Scott Gray and find it amazing how MOTIVATED they are to do everything they can for their clients, not to mention that there superior knowledge, etc. In criminal cases supportive relatives always want to know "what can I do" to help. Hire Guest and Gray. C.S.